Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SL Airport Expo Blog Spotlight: Yumix Writer


Our second blog spotlight is on Yumix Canal's owner, Yumix Writer:

1.  What inspired you to create your airport in Second Life?
I wanted to support the development of the aviation industry in SL.  When I established the airport, I did it due to someone who was building airplanes and needed an area to test.

2.  Tell us about your airport, what were your aims and goals in Second Life, when you created it?
I wanted to be a SL player of the world and meet people from everywhere, as well as set up a friendly place for people to fly.  I created the airport in 2008.

3.  Is your airport modeled or inspired after a real life airport?If so which one?
No my airport was just created without any real life design i mind.  My inspiration was to have an airport where people can simply take off and land planes, without many restrictions.

4.  How long have you owned your airport?  is your airport opened to the general public?  Is a group required to rezz?  What are some activities or items that people can do at your airport?
I have had the airport for 4 years, there are no real restrictions, except that the airport is not a combat area and everyone respects this rule.

5.  We are thrilled to have your airport come to our SL Airport Expo and be a part of Aviation Month! What inspired you to take part?
I saw the invite from Jessi and decided to sign up, I had taken part in the Military Expo last month.

QUESTIONS RELATED TO YOU:

1.  How long have you been in Second Life?
I have been here since July 2007, so am approaching my 5th year soon in SL!

2.  What made you first join Second Life?
I am deaf in real life and this is a place where you can communicate via Japanese characters and text.

3.   What are some of the strangest things you have experienced or seen in Second Life?
Being hit in the air while flying by another avatar at the same time!

4.  Other than owning an airport in Second Life and being interested in aviation, what are some other things you like to do while you are in Second Life?
I own an airport, but my knowledge about aviation is growing.  It is great to be part of a peaceful and friendly environment as SL. I am also interested in environment development and making natural sims.

5.  If you could invite anyone from RL into SL, who would it be?
Because SL is the environment that a person with disabilities can enjoy, too, I'd like to suggest to a company of Deaf and other persons with disabilities, too.

You can visit Yumix Canal by clicking the slurl below:
Yumix Canal

No comments:

Post a Comment